Monday, February 15, 2010

Fear of God

Last week was amazing. I feel like every week here just gets better and better. It probably is because every week we are digging deeper and deeper into Gods heart. Last week we had a speaker come in named Glen Vines who is an Assembly of God minister who lived in Tibet for 10 years doing mission work. Glen was an amazing man of God who had a huge gift of prophecy.
The week started out with Glen telling us of how God wants us to fear Him enough to make good decisions. When God speaks to you, mainly through your conscience, the fear of making the wrong choice often makes you do the right thing. God spoke through Glen so much to us and he laid so many prophecies on our group and people in our group. I am kind of upset and unable to go in depth about his lectures because i lost my notes from the lectures.
But.... anyway God is moving in amazing ways. Last week the September DTS came into town from their outreaches for a week of debrief before heading home. This gave me an opportunity to just get a grasp on what all outreach is going to entail. The other group had their graduation on friday night and seeing all of them breaking down and so anxious/excited/sad to go home made me want to make sure i put everything i have into the rest of my time here.
Once Saturday came some of us went to a local national park with a waterfall(that we jumped off of), and it was absolutely beautiful. Some of us took a long walk in the park, which was a tropical rain forrest and it blew my mind with all i saw there. Sunday came and i chilled out most of the day then church came and there was a guest spaker but his message was amazing.
Sorry about the short blog this week but i can assure you that my next blog is going to be amazing, because this week is prayer week and there is already some amazing stuff happening here.
Thank you again to everyone for all yalls prayers, i can still feel them in my life. Also continue to pray for my upcoming trip to India and Nepal and the 5 others going with me, i believe God is going to show up big time.
Love,
Andrew Thetford

No comments:

Post a Comment