Saturday, January 16, 2010

Outreach Location

This week we were split up into 5 groups with a male and female leader to each group and given our outreach location for late march. Every student was given a sheet of paper and told to write down the top three choices of the outreach locations. The options were: india/nepal, india/bangladesh. china. bali/Philippines, and thailand/cambodia. I really had no idea which to write down but once they described each location The india trips seemed to be very out of my comfort zone. They spoke of how crowded, dirty, and smelly these trips would be. These seemed very intense and honestly i dont have a huge desire to go to india but i felt God tugging at my heart to go to India. So i ended up writing the India trips as my top two and china as my third. The next day we found out our locations and i was put in the India/Nepal trip. I was so excited/nervous. In our group we have two Norwegians, aSouthern Califonian, a Korean, a Minnesotian, and two leaders one from france and one from florida. I really feel God is going to reveal so much to us as we prepare and go on this trip.
I would really love some prayer and intercession from back home. Currently we are praying and asking God exactly what he wants us to do while we are there. We are taking these next 10 weeks and planning this trip and hoping it changes as many lives as possible.
This coming week we will be having lectures that cover the father heart of God. I pray that all of us come to find direction from God and wisdom this week. Once again myself as well as all of the students here would love some intercession and prayer from back home.
With love from Australia,
Andrew Thetford

1 comment:

  1. Hey Andrew,
    I just found your blog from Facebook. :) This sounds like an amazing opportunity, and I'll keep you and your group in my prayers.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete